Sunday 14 September 2014

Interlude



Gldaani Bazaar



Okay, so I'm sadly back home now for a few weeks which gives me a chance to get myself organised and back down to planet earth. I feel physically different in the UK, uninspired and lethargic although that might be part of the severe food poisoning I had last week (avoid soft tomatoes dear God). Life here is predictable, grey and quiet. I love the home comforts like anyone but two days is more than enough before I'm itching to go back! I've spoken to a few people actually, mostly Americans, who say they feel addicted to Georgia. There's something about it, honestly. 

Anyway, I have a lot of topics I'd like to cover on this blog before I start writing more regular posts and I will get round to it I swear. These few weeks should give me some time to tweak too so wish me luck! 

I've attached a few photos of Tbilisi (above) and Imereti (Sachkhere and Chiatura) below. Those in Sachkhere were actually a small village nearby which annoyingly I can't remember the name of. Anyway, vineyards, animals, homegrown food, singing, laughing, loving... It was magnificent.



This cow nearly broke my foot...
Recovering at bebo's. Hopefully not too much information but if you ever have a bad stomach and need it to stop quickly just get some bark from an oak branch, boil it, then slowly drink the juice. It's known as 'moukha' here and works miracles.
Imeretian grapes are much more sour than in Kakheti, both gemrielia but goes to show how the climate differs




No comments:

Post a Comment