Thursday 28 August 2014

A Few iPhone Photos From Mtasminda Last Night














We decided last night to make a spontaneous trip up to Mtasminda Park, if only to get some fresh air (I'm not built for 35°+ everyday!). 

Despite the heat and fatigue we made our way up the hill to the funicular. 10GEL for both of us to get up and back down before 4am and also for the top-up card. The walk up was perfect, full of the beautiful winding streets and wobbly buildings that made me fall in love with Tbilisi to begin with. I really hope they keep them despite closer relations with the EU. The times are changing...

We enjoyed some Mtsvadi (Georgian barbecue - chicken is on coal but pork is always on old grape vines) and a glass of Saperavi under a romantic gazebo. 

Here are a few of my photos as we wandered around, it reminded me of the 1968 'Planet of the Apes' set and 'The Nutcracker' simultaneously. Good fun.

We got home quite late and were greeted with adorable meowing as we walked towards the estate along a main road. This kitten couldn't be more than a few days old and had clearly lost it's mother, my heart wouldn't allow me to leave it so we brought it inside and fed some milk. I always feel bad about the animals here since you shouldn't really get to close when they haven't had their injections. There needs to be a programme in place atleast to neuter and protect the dogs and cats on the street atleast if not in shelters... I've been looking into it after a dream I actually had the night before last. 

Anyway, after much debate we decided we couldn't keep her inside, and tried to leave her in a safer place far away from traffic on the estate to grow up with the other kittens. The sad mewing as we left her broke my heart so we slowly introduced her to a new mother in one of the gardens who was calling her gently from a distance. A ginger cat is now the proud member of a black and white family but all seemed good, we will be checking on her soon.

This was a quick update and again, apologies for the bad iPhone quality but I can't charge my camera until I head home in a few weeks. Until then it will suffice! Have any of you visited Mtasminda in Tbilisi?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I came across your blog from blog lovin. I have decided to nominate you to the liebster award! check out my blog for more http://rmalikreports.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete